I wanted to draw one of my fusions to get inspired again, which thankfully worked! c: I'll see if I can draw more this week. Also, I really love her design.. ; o ; <3
Frosbi (c) Apivo
Pokemon (c) Nintendo
- Great use of pastel colours. Really gives the "innocent" feel to your character.
- Background is great!
- Watercolours seem to be a good medium for you.
- I like the different colours you added into celebi's shading. Like the yellow. (although not really sure where it comes from)
- It seems you havn't got very good skill in perspective and background drawing overall. HEY i just had an awesome idea!!! Poke'mon in a city landscape kind like where we live. HELL YEAH!!! Don't use such boring and overused backgrounds. Use actual "real" ones for reference. ADD DETAIL.
- Practice water. I know you struggled with this but for example....where are the reflections? and add some white highlights into the water. Also since the foot touched the water surely it should make a ripple? Even if he/she froze it surely the small amount of time would of given the time to make a ripple in the water? This also suggests that she takes time to create ice. It doesn't happen immediatly right?
- Also i'm annoyed with those stupid white outlines 8( They are stupid because they completely seperate the character from the background. Also what's up with the scale of these characters? You know they don't always have to take up half the page? They could actually be quite small and this would give you the chance to make the background more detailed. You've drawn trees before right? In those annoying lessons at school. I'm sure they are not like that.
What you need to do
Don't you dare moan about anything I said because you asked me to do this and i'm going to be very blunt!! Seriously most good drawings need references for absolutely everything!! It doesn't show it in your art though. I know we don't have two computers but look around you instead. You have references everywhere you just need to walk around and you'll see it. What I know is that street we live on, the one we walk down a lot in our lives is far more interesting than this scene. Because it's realistic, and don't you think all poke'mon artists seem to put them in boring cartoony like worlds? Surely this would add more interest since it's UNIQUE and I know you don't want to but to be honest I see backgrounds like this everywhere and it's nice seeing that one gem that has an awesome background! Stylize it to. It doesn't have to be that realistic just PLEASE look at references.
This is really neat! Frosbi looks like she's gonna fly away, and how she's stepping across the water on ice is really cool!
Frosbi's so cute. :3
Then how about a Simple Colour Commission with pencils?